Sunday, October 6, 2013

Old Wood Scarecrow...

I love old wood, I tend to hoard it and therefore I have a huge stack of it.  I haven't used any of it to make Fall decorations so I decided that I needed to!  Here is what I came up with:


I adore scarecrows!  For me, they totally symbolize Fall and everything about it.  I painted the top part of the board brown as well as an old plank for the hat and hat brim, the rest white for his face, then I painted his cute face on.  Then I glued raffia on the hat brim and stapled it to the hat.  Finally, I added the sunflower, leaves and bow and that was it.  The entire decoration took less than 40 minutes and most of that was drying time for the paint.


I love him!

Linking to the following fabulous parties:
nifty-thrifty-tuesday
craft-o-maniac-monday
give-goods
made-by-you-monday
mad-skills-party
time-sparkle
tell-us-tuesday
all-my-bloggy-friends
too-cute-tuesday
show-me-what-ya-got
take-look-tuesday
whatever-goes-wednesday
dandelion-wishes-wednesday
wow-me-wednesday
flusters-creative-muster