I actually made this in 2010 but only posted it on my personal blog. I'm not sure why I never posted it on here, but decided that I would now!
I found a Halloween dish towel at the Dollar Store and thought it would make a cute Trick or Treat bag. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have ZERO tolerance for sewing. I really want to love it, and I have major sewing envy when I see all the cute things that can be made but it always turns into a major hassle. Typically, I get this big idea for an awesome sewing project so I go and spend lots of money on supplies, then I pull out my brand new almost never used, really nice sewing machine that my awesome parents bought me and I attempt to wind the bobbin. I always run into major problems and spend about an hour fighting with the bobbin before I get so frustrated that I pack it all up and vow to NEVER sew again! This time, I was determined to make it work and I figured that I couldn't have chosen an easier project. When I successfully wound the bobbin without a single problem, I knew that I was headed in the right direction! I used the machine to sew the edges together and also to sew on the ribbon handles, then I cut and hand sewed on the felt letters with blanket stitch. I'm well aware of how amateur it looks, but for me this HUGE! Give me a paint brush, paint and sander and I can do about anything but this is about the extent of my sewing successes haha!
A close up of the letters:
Hunter loved it and used it the last couple of years that he went Trick or Treating and I'm just patting myself on the back for getting that dang bobbin wound!