Monday, October 28, 2013

Spider Cider (Kid Friendly)

Hello!  I am back from the most fantastic vacation to sunny Florida and Walt Disney World!  Halloween this year is going to be kind of a bummer at my house because we will be childless and my sweet hubs has surgery on Nov. 1st that will require us to drive an hour and a half from home very early in the morning.

Anyways, normally I love to go all out for Halloween and if we are lucky enough for it to fall on a weekend, then  I make every meal "Halloween-ish" from breakfast through dinner.  One of my favorite idea's is what I call "Spider Cider":


Just use your favorite hot cider recipe, I have a couple that I like to use.  One of them that's super easy is:

Ingredients:
1 c. water
2 quarts apple juice
1 c. orange juice
1/4 c. lemon juice
5 or 6 cinnamon sticks
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 T. brown sugar
2 tsp whole cloves
2 or 3 diced apples
Big plastic spiders (make sure that they float so that no one will choke on one!)

In a pot, combine the first 8 ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.  Strain out the cinnamon sticks and cloves and then pour into individual cups (I like to use clear ones). Toss in some chopped apples and drop in a plastic spider.



This one is always a hit with kids and is great for either breakfast or after trick or treating when everyone is chilly and needs to warm up!

*This could also very easily be turned into an adult drink by adding Spiced Rum...

Linking to:
craft-o-maniac-monday
made-by-you-monday
nifty-thrifty-tuesday
time-sparkle
tell-us-tuesday
all-my-bloggy-friends

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I love to celebrate with hot cider! The spider makes it quite festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannie! I agree. Hot cider just screams Fall :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a friendly comment!