Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Decorated Canvas Storage Bins...

The boy of the house just turned 12, so he is growing out of the little boy stuff and into the big boy toys.  For his birthday, we got him a 32" flat screen tv and refinished an entertainment center for his room.  He also has his XBox and PS3 in there and they come with all kinds of games and accessories that need a place to go.  I decided to buy some canvas storage bins.

  His furniture is all black, so I bought the ivory ones to offset it, but they were really plain, so I dug through my craft supplies and here is what I came up with:




I really struggle with my son's decor because I tend to bling everything up and boys just aren't into that kind of thing, so I really tried to keep this simple and appropriate for a "tween".





I really like the way they turned out.  They give the bins a little something, but definitely not too much, and all of his gaming "junk" is nicely organized, which makes me happy!

Linking to:
lil-luna
& hookin-up-with-hohepworths
what-are-little-boys-made-of

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a friendly comment!