Monday, November 11, 2013

2 Ways To Decorate Ceramic Pumpkins

Hello there!  Happy Monday!  My life has been crazy lately but I was finally able to get some Thanksgiving crafting done over the weekend.   I had these two ceramic pumpkins:
I decided to cover one in orange glitter and the other in orange burlap.  Here is how they turned out:
I painted both orange and the stems green.  Then for the glitter one, I covered it in Mod Podge and sprinkled glitter all over it, then used aerosol hairspray to seal it.  I have found that this works wonders at sealing the glitter on and still allowing the glitter to sparkle. I then topped it with an orange bow and a gold strand to finish it off.:
I cut strips of orange burlap to fit into the grooves of the pumpkin and then Mod Podged them onto it.  From there, I glued jute down each groove and then finished it off with a material bow, some jute and raffia:
They look darling on my antique dresser!:
Easy as pie!

Linking to:
craft-o-maniac-monday
made-by-you-monday







1 comment:

  1. Hello JB I love the way you've decorated these. The one in glitter is my fave! The vignette is lovely also...love the scarecrows! Thanks much for sharing!
    Wishing you a Pleasant and Peaceful rest of the week!
    Hugs,
    Loretta/ http/:athomewithloretta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a friendly comment!