Sunday, October 6, 2013

Old Wood Scarecrow...

I love old wood, I tend to hoard it and therefore I have a huge stack of it.  I haven't used any of it to make Fall decorations so I decided that I needed to!  Here is what I came up with:


I adore scarecrows!  For me, they totally symbolize Fall and everything about it.  I painted the top part of the board brown as well as an old plank for the hat and hat brim, the rest white for his face, then I painted his cute face on.  Then I glued raffia on the hat brim and stapled it to the hat.  Finally, I added the sunflower, leaves and bow and that was it.  The entire decoration took less than 40 minutes and most of that was drying time for the paint.


I love him!

Linking to the following fabulous parties:
nifty-thrifty-tuesday
craft-o-maniac-monday
give-goods
made-by-you-monday
mad-skills-party
time-sparkle
tell-us-tuesday
all-my-bloggy-friends
too-cute-tuesday
show-me-what-ya-got
take-look-tuesday
whatever-goes-wednesday
dandelion-wishes-wednesday
wow-me-wednesday
flusters-creative-muster

8 comments:

  1. I love himn too, so sweet and clever and cute...I love the originality and I am so pleased you have more then one photo, like so many bloggers we never comment on posts with only one picture...Love your blog and it would have been fun to see the pictures of the project as you were making it...me I can never remember to do that...lol...I am a new follower and will be back to your cool blog...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phyllis! I am also horrible about taking before and during pictures of my projects. Definitely something to work on!

      Delete
  2. Your scarecrow is cute!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love projects that recycle old wood. I made something similar with and I know how fun this is! Thank You so much for sharing at the Fluster Buster Party! Lizy your party co host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizbeth! I'm such a sucker for old wood :)

      Delete
  4. Your scarecrow is really cute! I love old wood too. I remember when once we would throw away old wood, rustic old things, old suitcases, etc. Now you see so many cool things made by recycling old things. If only I knew then what I know now, I would of needed a bigger house LOL. Thanks for sharing! Pinning!

    Linda @ Mixed Kreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I get ill every time I think about all the stuff that I have thrown out that could have been upcycled :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a friendly comment!